Modern air conditioning has been around for over 100 years, and in that time, the technology that drives it has developed and evolved just as much as any other technology. The first residential air condition units were installed in 1914 and were seven feet high, six feet wide, and 20 feet long.
Clearly, we’ve come a long way with the compact units most people have placed next to their homes, however, most people don’t know precisely how far HVAC technology has come. Luckily, Star Mechanical is here, fully equipped with the knowledge and resources to keep you informed on every advancement in heating and air so you can stay informed and continue to make the best decisions for whatever your situation may be.
What Are Mini Split Systems?
Ductless mini split air conditioners are an energy-efficient HVAC option that takes advantage of refrigerants’ ability to transfer thermal energy like a traditional single split system — but they remove the need for ductwork entirely by using individual air handlers that directly pump conditioned air into each room. To simplify things, here is a brief rundown on exactly how they work:
- As needed, each air handler draws air into the unit.
- The air is then passed over a series of evaporator coils where it’s cooled and recirculated into the room.
- The refrigerant cycling through the evaporator coils is then sent outside to the condenser where the heat is dispersed into the air outside.
These units work in a very similar fashion to traditional single-split units. The difference is the removal of ductwork and the usage of multiple air handlers/evaporator coils to directly deliver conditioned air to each room.
Common applications for these efficient conditioners include home add-ons, basements, garages and more! Those tough-to-cool spaces are no match for a zoned cooling system, and a hybrid ducted and ductless system can even be designed to serve an entire home!
Benefits Of Choosing A Mini-Split System
There are a number of clear benefits that come with using a mini-split system, and we want to ensure that our customers fully understand every way these systems could benefit them. Some of the biggest benefits include:
- Greater Efficiency – Having individually controlled air handlers in each room greatly increases the degree of control you have over the temperature of your business or home. This control allows you to be more specific about your needs, which could lead to savings over time.
- Fewer Points of Failure – The removal of air ducts greatly improves the efficiency of an HVAC system because failure points in ductwork can account for up to 30% of efficiency loss in a traditional split unit system.
- Increased Living Space – The removal of ductwork also comes with the added benefit of not having to use the space that would traditionally be used for duct work for storage or whatever the circumstance allows.
- Zoned Heating and Cooling – One of the best benefits of a ductless system is being able to heat and cool different zones of your home or business based on their needs independently.
While the cost of installation may be higher than a traditional single split system, the savings in energy could more than makeup for that over time. If you feel like you might benefit from a ductless air conditioner installation, don’t hesitate to contact one of the professionals here at Star Mechanical to assess your situation and provide you with everything you need.
Let Star Mechanical Blast You Into The Future!
Star Mechanical is determined to provide the highest quality Manteca ductless mini splits possible. If you feel like a mini-split might be a good fit for your HVAC needs, call us today and get a quote! We’ll walk you through everything ductless mini-split and usher you forward into the future of air conditioning technology.