Do you know the difference between gas heaters and electric heaters? To start, gas heaters are connected to a gas line while electric heaters are connected through wires inside a home. It’s helpful to be aware of the differences between these systems because they both have their own qualities that make them unique.
If you’re a homeowner and you’re wondering which heater would be best for your home, Star Mechanical is here for you! You can trust our team to be there to provide your Manteca heating system with professional furnace repair services and professional furnace maintenance. Our well-trained technicians are also happy to provide our customers with knowledge on the differences between gas and electric furnaces when they’re trying to pick between the two options!
What Is A Gas Heater?
A gas heater works hard to warm a home by burning gas or propane to produce heat. The way these systems work is by making the air run through a heat exchanger that is inside the system. As this air is warmed, it will enter your home and cause it to get warmer.
Gas furnaces are a great option for homeowners who have access to natural gas because these heaters rely on this resource in order to work properly. If you’re thinking about getting a gas furnace installed in your home, Star Mechanical can help! We have professional technicians who are skilled in providing installation services for our customers!
What Is An Electric Heater?
Just like gas heaters work hard to provide hot air inside a home, so do electric heaters! These heaters will warm up your home by using electric heating coils. Once the heat travels through the coils, the hot air gets distributed through your home. These systems are a great way to provide your home with efficient air flow and energy. Our technicians will be happy to install an electric heater for your home if you think this is the right option for you!
Pros And Cons Of A Gas Furnace
There are several pros and cons that come with having a gas furnace, and it’s important to be aware of what they are. Read below to learn about the benefits and possible drawbacks this system brings.
- They’re cost efficient because they’re easy to maintain.
- They burn clean gas which has less of a negative impact on the environment.
- They’re fast at heating your home when you need it the most.
- Our services help make these units safe for your home and everyone in it.
- They are more of an investment upfront because they take a long time to install.
- Gas line installation is a requirement for homes not yet equipped with them.
- They require proper venting to keep your indoor air quality healthy.
- A damaged system can cause carbon monoxide leaks which is a health hazard.
Pros And Cons Of An Electric Furnace
While gas heaters have their own pros and cons, so do electric heaters! Here’s some of the information that you need to know before choosing a system.
- They’re highly reliable.
- They’re safe for your home.
- They have a lifespan that can last up to 10-15 years.
- They’re an efficient way to heat a home.
- They require adequate voltage for proper installation.
- They require annual tune-ups and routine filter changes.
- They can lower your home’s humidity, resulting in dry air.
- They take longer to heat your home to the desired temperature.
Rely On A Manteca Heater Installation Today!
If you’re on the fence between getting a gas or electric furnace, Star Mechanical is here to help you make the right decision! We’ll be happy to assist you with any questions you may have about the two different heating options for your home.
Call us today to schedule an appointment for one of our professional technicians to come out! Both of these heating systems work hard to heat your home, but we want to help you choose the right one. Reach out to us today!